AN34: Instructions for Use of Conductivity Cell Filling and Storage Device PN 50087 and 50087.1
This application note provides instructions for use of PN 50087 / 50087.1 syringe and tubing assembly in rinsing, cleaning, and storing conductivity sensors. The tubing assembly consists of a length of 6.35 mm (1/4 inch) I.D. tube connected by a plastic reducing union to a short piece of 11.1 mm (7/16 inch) I.D. tube. Refer to Application Note 2D: Instructions for Care and Cleaning of Conductivity Cells for information on water and solutions recommended for use.
- SBE 9plus, 19plus V2, 25plus, and 49 are shipped with PN 50087.
- SBE 16plus V2 and 16plus-IM V2 are shipped with PN 50087.1, which includes the parts in 50087, plus hose barbs to replace the anti-foulant cap on the instrument. The hose barbs allow for connection of the tubing for cleaning and storing, as described below.
Note: This procedure can also be used with the SBE 16, 16plus, 16plus-IM, 19, 19plus, and 25, which are no longer in production.
Procedure for Use
- To fill the conductivity cell, draw about 40-60 cc of purified water into the syringe.
- Connect the plastic tubing to the TC duct intake on the temperature sensor [Figure 1] (or to the open end of the conductivity cell on systems without the TC duct [Figure 2]), and inject solution into the cell and pump plumbing.
- CTDs with a TC duct or hose barb fitting — remove the plastic reducing union and connect the smaller diameter tubing directly to the TC duct / fitting.
- CTDs without a TC duct or hose barb fitting (older instruments) — leave the reducing union and large diameter tubing attached and carefully connect the tubing directly to the end of the glass conductivity cell [Figure 2].
- (If applicable) Loop the rubber band around a bar on the CTD cage and back over the top of the syringe to secure the apparatus for storage.
REMOVE THE SYRINGE AND TUBING ASSEMBLY BEFORE DEPLOYMENT !
Application Note Revision History
|January 2005||- Add reference to application note 2D for information on storing solutions.
- Incorporate 50087.1 (kit with hose barbs for 16plus / 16plus-IM.
|March 2008||- Add information on V2 SeaCATs (16plus V2, 16plus-IM V2, 19plus V2).|
|October 2012||- Update to include SBE 25plus.|
- SBE 16 SeaCAT C-T (P) Recorder - DISCONTINUED
- SBE 16plus SeaCAT C-T (P) Recorder - DISCONTINUED
- SBE 16plus V2 SeaCAT C-T (P) Recorder
- SBE 16plus-IM SeaCAT C-T (P) Recorder - DISCONTINUED
- SBE 16plus-IM V2 SeaCAT C-T (P) Recorder
- SBE 19 SeaCAT Profiler CTD - DISCONTINUED
- SBE 19plus SeaCAT Profiler CTD - DISCONTINUED
- SBE 19plus V2 SeaCAT Profiler CTD
- SBE 25 Sealogger CTD - DISCONTINUED
- SBE 25plus Sealogger CTD
- SBE 49 FastCAT CTD Sensor
- SBE 911plus CTD