AN70: Installing Anti-Foulant Device Mount Kit on SBE 4, 16, 19, and 21 Conductivity Cells
1. The SBE 4 is integrated with the SBE 26 Seagauge Wave and Tide Recorder, SBE 26plus Seagauge Wave and Tide Recorder, or SBE 53 BPR Bottom Pressure Recorder if the Recorder includes an optional conductivity sensor.
2. This application note does not apply to the plus or plus V2 SeaCATs (SBE 16plus, 16plus-IM, 16plus V2, 16plus-IM V2, 19plus, or 19plus V2).
Part number 50315 is an external anti-foulant device mount kit. The kit contains:
|233540 *||anti-foulant device caps (2)|
|233564 *||external in-line anti-foulant device cups (2)|
|30579||3/8 inch ID, 1/2 inch OD Tygon tube (6 cm long)|
* Note: Previous versions of the kit contained white anti-foulant device caps (231505) and cups (231513),
with dimensions identical to the black caps and cups.
Order the PN 50315 mount kit and PN 801542 AF24173 Anti-Foulant Devices the first time you need Anti-Foulant Devices. Once you have the kit, you only need to order the AF24173 Anti-Foulant Devices.
Anti-foulant Device Cup (left) and Anti-foulant Device Cap (right)
External Anti-Foulant Device Mount Kit Installation Procedure
- Cut two 3-cm long pieces from the Tygon tubing.
- Place the barbed end of the anti-foulant device cup inside the Tygon tubing.
- Screw the anti-foulant device cap in place. Do not over tighten.
- Carefully slide the Tygon tubing over the end of the conductivity cell. Do not apply any sideways or twisting motion to the end of the conductivity cell, or you may damage the cell.
- Repeat Steps 2 through 4 for the other end of the conductivity cell.
Tygon tubing and anti-foulant device cup and cap
|Slide Tygon tubing onto end of conductivity cell
SBE 4 shown; SBE 16, 19, and 21 similar
Application Note Revision History
|October 2002||Initial release.|
|October 2002||Remove anti-foul cylinders from anti-foul adapter kit.|
|December 2002||Update for EPA regulations for anti-fouls.|
|January 2003||Update for EPA regulations for anti-fouls.|
|January 2004||Remove gloves from kit listing.|
|June 2004||Add applicability to SBE 26 / 26plus with optional SBE 4 conductivity sensor.|
|July 2005||Add reference to SBE 53 BPR with optional SBE 4 conductivity sensor.|
|October 2006||Update PN for AF24173 from 801347 to 801542.|
|May 2008||Update PNs and photos for anti-foulant device caps and cups — white parts have been replaced with black parts.|