The SBE 14 Remote Depth Readout provides a visual display of CTD depth (meters), pressure (decibars), and/or altitude (meters, if altimeter installed on CTD). The large, four-digit liquid crystal display is easy to read, even in direct sunlight. The rugged, spray-proof package is suitable for mounting at the winch operator’s position.
To prevent accidental contact with the sea bottom or over-pressuring of the CTD, a loud alarm sounds upon reaching the user-programmed CTD pressure or altimeter limit. It can be programmed to sound again when the depth diminishes to near-surface pressure, alerting the winch operator that the CTD is near the surface.
- Rugged, fiberglass-reinforced polyester housing (20x12x8 cm); spray-proof packaging with gasket seals throughout.
- 2.5 cm, four-digit liquid crystal display, reads to nearest meter, and easy to read even in direct sunlight.
- Loud, persistent alarm: 90 dbA at 0.5 m.
- RS-232C interface; operates over cables up to 100 m long (100 m of neoprene-jacketed cable included).
- Connects to computer for operation with most Sea-Bird CTDs, or directly to SBE 11plus V2 Deck Unit for operation with SBE 9plus CTD.
- Seasoft© V2 Windows software package (setup, real-time data acquisition).
- Five-year limited warranty.
The SBE 14 operates in one of the following modes:
- Connect to computer — The SBE 14 is powered by a standard RS-232C serial port on the user's computer, and is controlled via Seasave (real-time data acquisition software). The computer must have an extra serial port to accommodate the SBE 14, in addition to port(s) needed for the CTD and, if applicable, a Water Sampler (SBE 32 Carousel Water Sampler or SBE 55 ECO Water Sampler). In this mode, the SBE 14 can be used with a number of Sea-Bird CTDs, including the SBE 9plus (with SBE 11plus Deck Unit — V1 or V2), 19, 19plus, 19plus V2, 25, or 49. The SBE 14 alarm can be programmed to sound based on input from a bottom contact switch integrated with the CTD, in addition to the pressure and altimeter alarm operation.
- Connect to SBE 11plus V2 Deck Unit (EPROM version > 5.0) for use with SBE 9plus CTD — The SBE 14 is powered and controlled by the SBE 11plus V2. An extra RS-232C serial port is not needed (the 11plus V2 requires one serial port or GPIB parallel port for data, and, if applicable, one serial port for communication with the SBE 32 Carousel Water Sampler).
Cable for interface to SBE 11plus V2 Deck Unit or to computer COM port.
|Title||Type||Publication Date||PDF File|
|SBE 14 Brochure||Product Brochure||Tuesday, June 23, 2015||14brochureJun15.pdf|
|AN17: Instructions for Use of the SBE 14 Remote Depth Readout||Application Notes||Monday, October 1, 2012||appnote17Oct12.pdf|
|AN57: Connector Care and Cable Installation||Application Notes||Tuesday, May 13, 2014||appnote57Jan14.pdf|
|AN68: Using USB Ports to Communicate with Sea-Bird Instruments||Application Notes||Friday, October 19, 2012||appnote68Oct12.pdf|
REMOTE DEPTH READOUT - CTD accessory in spray-proof plastic box for mounting at winch operator's station. Provides real-time digital display of depth (meters) of CTD Underwater unit, or pressure, or altimeter height above seabed (9999.9 max). Includes alarm buzzer, 100 m of neoprene cable, & complete documentation. SBE 14 can be driven from SBE 11plus V2 Deck Unit's serial ASCII output port, or it can also be driven from Seasave via a computer COM port. Specify SBE 14 Interface selection to determine which cable is supplied.
|SBE 14 Interface Selections — MUST SELECT ONE|
|14-1||Interface to 11plus V2 Deck Unit (ships with cable 801237 [DN 32433])||SBE 14 is powered & controlled by 11plus V2 (EPROM version 5.0 or greater). Extra RS-232 serial port is not needed (11plus V2 requires 1 serial port or GPIB parallel port for data, &, if applicable 1 serial port for communication with SBE 32 or 32C Carousel Water Sampler). In this mode, SBE 14 can only be used with SBE 9plus CTD (with 11plus Deck Unit).|
|14-2||Interface to Computer COM port (ships with cable 801437 [DN 32809])||SBE 14 is powered by standard RS-232 computer serial port & controlled through Seasave (real-time data acquisition software). Computer must have extra serial port to accommodate SBE 14, in addition to port(s) needed for CTD &, if applicable SBE 32, 32C, or 32SC Carousel Water Sampler or SBE 55 ECO Water Sampler. In this mode, SBE 14 can be used with a number of CTDs, including SBE 9plus (with 11plus Deck Unit — V1 or V2), 19, 19plus, 19plus V2, 25, 25plus, & 49.|
|SBE 14 Cables (spares)|
|801437||Cable, shielded, SBE 14 to Computer COM port (DB-9S), 100 m (DN 32809)||Shipped standard with option 14-2; this is spare.|
|801237||Cable, shielded, SBE 14 to SBE 11plus V2, 100 m (DN 32433)||These cables connect Remote Out on 11plus V2 to SBE 14.|
|801236||Cable, shielded, SBE 14 to SBE 11plus V2, 2 m (DN 32433)|