A wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Sea-Bird Electronics is an international corporation headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. Sea-Bird is the largest manufacturer of marine instruments for measurement of salinity, temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen, and related oceanographic variables. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Sea-Bird gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging "stretch" opportunities.
Working at Sea-Bird
- Commitment to associate safety and product quality
- Creative work schedule solutions and options
- Solution-focused team environment
- More than a job, a real chance to make a difference
We offer flexible and comprehensive benefits to help meet the needs of today's varied lifestyles. We offer our associates a benefits package that includes, but is not limited to:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Associate Life Insurance
- Holiday and Vacation pay
- Flex Spending
Sea-Bird Electronics is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic, and to base decisions on employment so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity. We follow all AA/ADAAA guidelines and are a non-smoking facility. We strongly support health, wellness, and safety, and are a drug and alcohol free workplace and test all new hires.
This company is a federal contractor subject to the affirmative action and non-discrimination requirements of Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and, the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, 38 USC Section 4212, as amended. The implementing regulations at 41 CFR 60-1.4, 41 CFR 60-250.5, 300.5 and 741.5 are incorporated here by reference.
Danaher is a Fortune 200, NYSE-listed, science and technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our premier brands are among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. The Danaher Business System provides a foundation to our 63,000 associates around the world, serving customers in more than 125 countries. In 2012, we generated $18.3 billion of revenue from five reporting segments: Test & Measurement, Environmental, Dental, Life Sciences & Diagnostics, and Industrial Technologies. For more information, please visit our website: www.danaher.com
Primarily responsible for bookings, sales funnel, revenue, and profit growth of WET Labs Ocean Research Business Unit instruments and systems worldwide. This requires taking a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on clearly articulating technology and strong account leadership skills. In addition, must build and maintain long-term relationships with customers by fully understanding their application in order to recommend the optimal solution, identify key business drivers, ensure needs are met timely and accurately, and selling new technologies. Involves working with a diverse customer base that includes scientific end users, international sales representatives, system integrators, resellers, OEMs, and other sister companies. Also provides input in marketing, strategic planning, and technical development of products and services.
- Manage the sales process and sales funnel for the portfolio of products and suite of applications.
- Meet sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; assist in preparing annual budget; project expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends; establishing pricing strategies; recommend selling prices.
- Prepare and implement action plans for KPI and PD efforts to drive results in a timely manner.
- Respond to customers and international representatives to provide applications engineering assistance, technical product information, and price quotes, and enter sales orders.
- Identify customers’ needs and provide the “best” or “total” solution drawing from a wide range of products and services.
- Sell products successfully by identifying sales opportunities, understanding the industries, vertical markets, and products, and offer appropriate up-sell and cross-sell opportunities to the customer.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate proposals and sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Handle technical and applications sales questions from customers and provide prompt, accurate answers.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Work directly with appropriate contacts within R&D, production, finance, management, shipping, and customers to ensure on-time product delivery and invoicing accuracy.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of activities, industry trends and government regulations.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Assist in the implementation of the Company marketing plans as needed.
- Travel as required for customer visits and tradeshow/conference participation.
Other Non-Essential Functions:
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical customers.
- Exhibit the willingness and ability to assimilate technical information.
- Effectively communicate VOC (Voice Of the Customer) to marketing and product development teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Background, and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Limnology, Oceanography, Environmental Science, Aquatic Biology, Aquatic Chemistry, and/or Engineering field is preferred.
- 5 - 8 years of successful technical sales experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Previous customer relations experience.
- Ability to answer technical questions relating to the product.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and ability to communicate across a diverse business group, e.g., production, engineering, administration.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and independent.
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive Company image to the public.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Well versed in electronic communication and social media marketing/sales.
- Knowledge of SalesForce and proficiency using the CRM is helpful.