A wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Sea-Bird Electronics is an international corporation headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. Sea-Bird is the largest manufacturer of marine instruments for measurement of salinity, temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen, and related oceanographic variables. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Sea-Bird gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging "stretch" opportunities.
Working at Sea-Bird
- Commitment to associate safety and product quality
- Creative work schedule solutions and options
- Solution-focused team environment
- More than a job, a real chance to make a difference
We offer flexible and comprehensive benefits to help meet the needs of today's varied lifestyles. We offer our associates a benefits package that includes, but is not limited to:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Associate Life Insurance
- Holiday and Vacation pay
- Flex Spending
Sea-Bird Electronics is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic, and to base decisions on employment so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity. We follow all AA/ADAAA guidelines and are a non-smoking facility. We strongly support health, wellness, and safety, and are a drug and alcohol free workplace and test all new hires.
This company is a federal contractor subject to the affirmative action and non-discrimination requirements of Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and, the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, 38 USC Section 4212, as amended. The implementing regulations at 41 CFR 60-1.4, 41 CFR 60-250.5, 300.5 and 741.5 are incorporated here by reference.
Danaher is a Fortune 200, NYSE-listed, science and technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our premier brands are among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. The Danaher Business System provides a foundation to our 63,000 associates around the world, serving customers in more than 125 countries. In 2012, we generated $18.3 billion of revenue from five reporting segments: Test & Measurement, Environmental, Dental, Life Sciences & Diagnostics, and Industrial Technologies. For more information, please visit our website: www.danaher.com
This is a highly interactive, hands-on position which will interact with all internal and external clients across Sea-Bird Scientific by creating and implementing a new marketing communications strategy and trade show execution methodology.
- Manage and direct planning and execution of trade shows including: initial scheduling and registration, securing booth assignment, booth design and layout, promotion, communications, logistical requirements and exhibit services.
- Ensure group display booths and graphics are maintained; evaluate display options, provide recommendations where appropriate, and negotiate the purchase of additional display items.
- Oversee materials and booth properties readiness for shipment.
- Manage trade show materials including show products, literature and promotional items.
- Secure and coordinate trade show related travel arrangements.
- Create and execute promotional campaigns.
- Manage trade show related communications.
- Production of trade show trip report on completion of event.
- Manage lead capture function in salesforce CRM database.
- Track all trade show related expenses.
- Manage all external communications including :
- Development of overall communications strategy.
- Development of communications relationships with industry partners.
- Production and management of monthly Sea-Bird Scientific Newsletter.
- Planning and writing joint press releases with partners and representatives.
- Development of news articles for each of the Ocean Research brands.
- Development of Direct Mail campaigns.
- In conjunction with group advertising staff, manage print advertising for the group; determine appropriate advertising placement, frequency and methodology.
- Maintain budget and track all advertising related expenses.
- Evaluate advertising efficacy.
- Coordinate with group members to determine advertising content.
- Work closely with Sales/Marketing to gather accurate and up-to-date market intelligence in support of strategic planning and brand management.
- Design, implement online market surveys.
- Summarize market intelligence in support of marketing strategy.
Other Non-Essential Functions
- Assist with assembling and verifying data for Voice of Customer research as needed.
- Maintain a comprehensive photo library for group; this includes internal and customer provided photos.
- Travel via airplane, personal vehicle, or other mode of transportation to support trade shows or work with tradeshow and literature warehouse suppliers (10% to 25%).
- Compile and maintain updated data on competitive products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Background, and Skill Requirements
- B.A./B.S in Business, Marketing, Advertising or other related field and 2-3 years directly related professional experience (Business, Marketing, Advertising, etc.).
- 2-4 years experience in a detail-oriented position.
- Proficient in use of PC including MS Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact, liaise and facilitate effectively within a group.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Work in a detail oriented manner to manage multiple projects and objectives.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality.