Read the latest and back issues of the Sea-Bird Scientific Newsletters. Links will open a new tab with the newsletter.
Sign up now to receive news, advice, and product updates from Sea-Bird Scientific. Click Here to Sign Up!
- December 2016 - What’s Really Warming the World? Real-Time Ocean Observing Systems, Download our IM Guide, Tech Tip: Handling Ferrite Core in Inductive Modem (IM) Instruments.
- November 2016 - Arctic Polar Research - A Global Responsibility, Notice of Email Domain Change, Tech Tip: Deploying Sea-Bird CTD in Ice.
- October 2016 - Hurricane Matthew Captured by LOBO, Instrument Trade-in, Tech Tip: Removing Barnacles
- September 2016 - Continuous Nutrient Sensing in Research and Management, Trade-In Program, Faster Turnaround on Service and Calibration, Tech Tip: Absolute Salinity and Sea-Bird Software
- August 2016 - Nutrients and Their Contribution to Harmful Algal Blooms, New Sensors Integrated on Navis BGCi Profiling Floats, National Park Service Employing SeaFET Ocean pH Sensors to Understand Impact of Ocean Acidification, Tech Tip: Cable and Bulkhead Connector Maintenance
- July 2016 - USGS Study on Nitrate Sensors: Effect of Suspended Sediment and Color, HydroCycle-PO4 Phosphate Sensor: Wet Chemistry Engineered for Environmental Monitoring, Tech Tip: Sea-Bird Electronics Online RMA & Service Request Form
- June 2016 - Blue Economy - Measuring the Economic Impact of the Ocean, 2016 Student Loan Program Recipients Announced, Tech Tip: Seasoft compatibility with SeaOWL and SeaFET sensors
- May 2016 - New Insights on Abyssal Temperature Variations from the ALOHA Cabled Observatory, Multi-Parameter Water Quality Meter now available with pH, SBE 39plus now available with Inductive Modem Interface, Tech Tip: What software should I use with my instrument
- April 2016 - Optimize Data Quality with Proper Bottle Flushing, Robotic Ocean Floats - Key Parameters Expanded, Tech Tip: Deploying the SBE 32 Carousel
- March 2016 - Arctic Ocean Circulation Patterns affected by Climate Change, National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) Team wins National Geoscience Award, Tech Tip: Deployment Orientation for Pumped SBE 37 MicroCATs
- February 2016 - Student Equipment Loan Program Enables Projects in California and Antarctica, Tech Tip: Care and Cleaning of Conductivity Cells
- January 2016 - Seeing What you have only heard about in the Ocean: The Mediterranean Overturn, Tech Tip: Anti-Foulant Devices
- December 2015 - International Calibration Centers - Sea-Bird Europe and Sea-Bird China, Tech Tip: Repairing scratched Anodization
- November 2015 - Sea-Bird Scientific on board NIO Goa RV Sindhu Sadhana, Deep SeapHOx Ocean CT(D)-pH-DO Sensor now available, Tech Tip: Determination of Sound Velocity from CTD Data
- October 2015 - SeaOWL now available on Slocum Gliders, Team DuraFET donates XPRIZE award to UW, Tech Tip: Input Voltages for WET Labs Instruments
- August 2015 - Launching new Oil-in-Water Sensor, pH now available on the Navis BGCi Profiling Float
- July 2015 - Team DuraFET to donate $250,000 XPRIZE award to support Ocean Acidification Research, Deep SeapHOx Ocean CT(D)-pH-DO Sensor now available
- June 2015 - Launching SeapHOx pH+CTD+DO Sensor, Alliance for Coastal Technologies Releases pH Test Results
- May 2015 - New Sea-Bird Scientific Website and Online Ordering, Sea-Bird Scientific Team Advances to Finals of Wendy Schmidt Ocean Health XPRIZE
- April 2015 - MacArtney and Sea-Bird Scientific join forces to supply winch, CTD, and sensor packages to multiple Turkish research vessels, New family of PAR Sensors, SeapHOx pH+CTD+DO Sensor launches this spring, Thetis Moored Profiler with Hazard Avoidance
- December 2014 - Satlantic ships its 500th SUNA, Navis BGCi Case Study, Tech Tip: Sea-Bird Electronics Maintenance Videos
- September 2014 - WET Labs Aquatic Laser Fluorescence Analyzer (ALFA) Circumnavigates Arctic, Environmental Monitoring of Dredging Operations, Tech Tip: WQM Sensor Check Procedures
- June 2014 - Have Instruments Will Travel, Tech Tip: Satlantic HyperPro II Deployment
- April 2014 - Tech Tip: Real-Time Oceanography with Inductive Moorings and the Inductive Modem Module (IMM)
- February 2014 - WET Labs to receive NOPP Excellence in Partnering Award at Ocean Sciences, Introducing the SBE 39plus Temperature (T) and Depth (D) Recorder, Sea-Bird Europe: European Calibration and Repair Center, Aligning Representation in China and India, SBE 13Y and 23Y Dissolved Oxygen Sensor Trade-In Program, Tech Tip: Integrating an Altimeter witha
- December 2013 - Sea-Bird Scientific forms new Science Team, Sea-Bird Scientific creates new Coastal and Inland Business Unit, In situ Phosphate monitoring from Agricultrual Fields to Estuaries, Expansion of Navis Biogeochemical Float product lin to include beam attenuation, Irradiance, Radiance, and Nitrate sensor integration, Sea-Bird ships 10,000th SBE 37 MicroCAT Moored CTD