Sea-Bird offers regularly scheduled training classes in Bellevue, Washington. Occasionally, training classes may be scheduled for off-site locations, depending on instructor availability, location, and topics. Contact Greg (firstname.lastname@example.org) with inquiries about this possibility.
Your name is added to the waitlist. We will contact you soon with availability details.
|2019 Training Dates
|Monday October 7th – Thursday October 10th
Join our enrollment list to get email updates on upcoming training sessions.
* Updated June 24th, 2019
Training at Sea-Bird Electronics in Bellevue, Washington USA
Sea-Bird offers regularly scheduled four-day training classes approximately two times per year at an off-site location near our factory/office in Bellevue, Washington (12 miles from downtown Seattle). Training consists of comprehensive operator training on major Sea-Bird products and software, and is hands-on in nature. The curriculum covers profiling instruments, thermosalinographs, and moored instruments, and includes theory and operation, data processing, and maintenance and repair.
Skills and Tools Required for Enrollment
- Competence in the operation of a personal computer with the Windows operating system.
- A laptop or notebook computer (with Windows 7, 8, or 10 operating system, a USB port, and a serial port or USB-to-serial converter) for hands-on data processing experience — we can arrange for a rental computer if you cannot bring one.
Note: You will be installing the latest version of Sea-Bird software on your computer on the first day of the class, and then using the software throughout the class.
- A calculator, for successful completion of some of the exercises.
Enrollment and Fees
Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Each class is limited to 20 enrollments. At least 12 paid enrollments must be received 30 days before the scheduled date for the class.
We reserve the right to cancel a scheduled class with at least 14 days advance notice if the enrollment minimum is not met, or for other unforeseen circumstances. In the event we cancel a class, we will immediately refund payment.
Lunch and snacks are provided. Attendees are responsible for arranging their own transportation, accommodations, and other meals.
- Attendance fee: $800
- Optional laptop computer rental fee: $250
Payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) or check, or a written purchase order must be received with the enrollment form. If you cancel less than 30 days before the class begins, the payment is non-refundable. Sea-Bird will contact you by mail or email (preferred) when we receive your enrollment form to confirm that you are registered, and send a map and hotel list to assist in arranging your accommodations.
Download the enrollment form [PDF]
- Fill in a copy of the form, save it on your computer, and email the form to Sea-Bird.
- Print the form, fill it in, and submit it to Sea-Bird by fax or mail.
Questions? Contact us:
- Telephone: (+1) 425-643-9866
- Fax: (+1) 425-643-9954
- E-mail: Greg Ikeda (email@example.com)